Best Home Remedies for Weight Loss
Best Home Remedies for Weight Loss
Gaining weight is always easier than losing it. Sedentary lifestyle, physical inactivity, over dependence on fast foods and other such faulty lifestyle habits of the modern times are responsible for the piling up of the excess pounds.
Also, hormonal imbalances, certain medications and surgeries may lead to unwanted weight gain for many. The internet is flooded with innumerable fad diet plans and pills that promise to bring about miraculous weight loss. But, unfortunately most of these plans are not backed by science or do not yield the promised results.
Also, the safety of those diet programs is always questionable. If you want to lose weight the safe & simple way, you could rather try out some of the proven weight loss home remedies. These home remedies make use of straight from kitchen shelf ingredients and do not cost you much.
The best home remedies for weight loss consist in a combination of a couple of effective dietary changes, lifestyle changes & simple anti-obesity remedies making use of natural ingredients.
Simple dietary changes
Simply by switching to a healthy diet, you can bring about a positive difference in your body weight. Here are some of the dietary changes you can make:
- Eating single-ingredient whole food items can supply you with vital nutrients and also keep your tummy full for long. Thus, you’ll eat less and gain lesser weight.
- Consume a high protein platter consisting of eggs, meats, fishes, soya to burn more calories than usual. In order to metabolize the protein consumed, your body will burn nearly 100 calories in a day. Also, proteins are digested slowly. Hence, you don’t feel hungry easily once you have consumed a protein based diet.
- Processed foods are a strict ‘No-No’ if you want to lose weight. Such foods contain high amount of fats and sugars and foster addictive eating. So, if you are taking processed foods, you’ll pack in lots of excess calories that start showing on your hips, thighs, tummy, butt and in all other possible places in just no time!
- If you are into the habit of snacking between meals, keep healthy snacks like nuts, roasted legumes, yoghurt, boiled eggs, dark chocolates handy instead of fat-rich or sugar-rich cookies, chips or burgers. This will streamline your eating habits and will help you stick to healthy, non-fattening foods.
- If you are fond of juices, make sure to take only the freshly extracted juices of fruits and veggies. Maintain a safe distance from fizzy soft drinks or synthetic juices or else you’ll end up garnering tons of excess calories for yourself.
Simple lifestyle changes
Changing lifestyle to a healthier one is the first step towards losing weight. Here are some changes you can make:
- If you are fond of coffee, that’s a very good news because the caffeine in coffee is said to promote weight loss by triggering metabolism and increasing its rate by nearly 30%. But, make sure to take the unsweetened version of your favorite coffee.
- Don’t be a night owl. Try to get at least 7-8hrs of quality sleep to maintain the balance in your brain chemicals. Any imbalance in these chemicals is said to cause unnatural weight gain.
- Try out stress busting measures because if you are stressed, you’ll indulge in emotional eating, eat more and grow fatter.
- Quit smoking and drinking. Nicotine in cigarettes can cause water retention in body according to researches and the high amount of sugars in alcohol is said to add to your calorie intake.
- Move yourself. Instead of ordering your maids to do things for you, do it on your own. That’ll help you to stay physically active, burn more calories through boosted metabolism.
- Do regular exercises and for that you need not enroll in an expensive gym. Doing free hand workouts or going on a brisk walk daily or doing something as simple as climbing steps can help you lose a good amount of excess weight through speeded up calorie burning.
- Get into the habit of drinking 8-10 glasses of water each day. Water helps in efficient weight management by boosting metabolism, flushing out toxins and suppressing appetite.
Home remedies for weight loss with natural ingredients
As per latest studies, the following home remedies for weight loss with natural ingredients are said to be quite effective:
- Take a mix of apple cider vinegar and lukewarm water. Sweeten it with honey if needed. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar is a weight loss promoting substance.
- Green Tea rich in caffeine and catechins is a great weight loss solution. Sweeten with honey and take a sip of this refreshing, weight loss tea.
- Vitamin C rich lemon fosters fat oxidation. Take a mix of lemon juice and lukewarm water in empty stomach first thing in the morning to get maximum results.
- Season your food with black pepper powder. The Peperine compound in black pepper has lipid-lowering properties.
More article you may like as